Friday, April 1, 2016

Fae Friday

I love the concept of Fairies,  I do. But when it comes to reading about Fae? I just can't even.



Are Fae and Fairies the same thing? Maybe my overly concieved notions of fairies are way off base because every time I go to read about Fae my mind automatically defaults back to Tinkerbell and Pixie Hollow :P (Now, THAT'S A BOOK I WOULD READ.)


I've tried, you guys. I've tried SO HARD. The Iron Fey series was SO popular and I tried them, got to book two and lost interest. A Court of Thorns and Roses? I tried, got bored, skipped to the sexy scenes (not even afraid to admit that) and then put it down. Wicked Lovely, a no go. Need, I needed to stop reading. Glimmerglass, The Faerie Ring, Wings, Wondrous Strange--nothing could hold my interest. 
WALT DISNEY WORLD
I'm in desperate need of a Fae(?!) Fey(!?) Fairy(!?) expert. What am I doing wrong!? Is there an END ALL, BE ALL book about fairies that will convert me over? I feel like I'm missing a HUGE genre with awesome stories but...then again, maybe Fae just aren't for me. 

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust.  Disney Fairies own my heart and perhaps that's the stem of my problem. If loving Tink and her pals is wrong, I don't want to be right.  


          Any thoughts?
Is there a creature or genre you have trouble connecting with? Sound off in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment